Cooking and Learning in the Kitchen Dinners
Welcome to the Cooking and Learning in the Kitchen Store! Check out the amazing dinners you and your child can make together. You will receive a kid-friendly recipe and slideshow with step-by-step pictures. Each lesson also includes three learning activities for ages 3-12.
Keep your child’s academic skills strong while spending valuable time together. Want to try a lesson for free first? Scroll to the bottom of this page and download the recipe and activities for Banana Bread Sandwiches now! Have fun Cooking and Learning in the Kitchen!
Join the Cooking and Learning in the Kitchen Facebook Group to find out about new products and special promotions!
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shell Flowers
- Word Work (Flower Power – beginning sounds, rhyming words, synonyms)
- Measurement (Ingredient Length – nonstandard units, nearest cm. and in., nearest 1/2 cm. and 1/4 in.)
- Art (Shell Pasta Crafts)
- Reading Comprehension/Social Studies (Strega Nona, Learning about Italy)
Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Geometry (Quesadilla Decorating, Counting Shapes)
- Color Matching/Reading Words (Quesadilla Topping Matching, Quesadilla Topping Search)
- Music/Research (Make Your Own Maracas, Learning About Mexico)
Steak, Mushroom, and Pepper Kabobs
- Math Patterns (Kabob Patterns)
- Word Work (Ingredient Match, Ingredient Unscramble)
- Creative Thinking (Dessert Kabobs)
- Social Studies (Aesop’s Fables, Learning about Turkey)
- Addition (Adding Fun)
- Creative Writing (The Adventures of Meatloaf Man)
- Science (Sink or Float?)
Garden Vegetable Lasagna
- Fractions (Cooking with Fractions)
- Word Work (Flower Hangman)
- Science (Plant Science)
Cooking and Learning in the Kitchen
Get the recipe for Banana Bread Sandwiches and three fun, learning activities for FREE!